- More than the Rainbow: The Electromagnetic Spectrum and Astronomy
(Picture above - Vivian "holding" a spectrum!)
2017-03-11 Yerkes Workshop
- Welcome, Introduction, and Agenda
9:30 to 10:00 AM: Registration, snacks, settle in!
10:00 to 10:30: Introductions, Agenda, Overview of Spectrum using the EIS Academy
10:30 to 11:30: Marc Berthoud looks at radio data, submillimeter astronomy, and Palomar Observatory
11:30 to lunch (12:15?): Kathy Gustavson wraps up Radio and Microwave/Submillimeter Astronomy with ways students can get involved.
Lunch - from Panera!
1:00 PM (or so) to 2:15: Kevin McCarron and the Infrared part of the spectrum
2:30 (or so) to 3:45: Rich DeCoster and viisible light and ultraviolet light.
3:45 or so: Wrap up. If anyone is interested in tour of Yerkes, speak up!
- Overview of the Spectrum - a Course in the EIS Academy
- Radio/Submillimeter Astronomy by Marc Berthoud
Marc Bertoud presenting
- Wrap Up of Radio/Microwave/Submillimeter Astronomy by Kathy
- Infrared Astronomy by Kevin McCarron
Measuring the energy of different parts of the spectrum
- Visible/Ultra Violet Astronomy by Rich DeCoster
- Reflection and Feedback
Please let us know your thoughts about this workshop by using the discussion forum below
- What was your favorite activity?
- What was the most important part of the workshop for you?
- Are there any areas that need improvement?
- How was the length of the workshop?
- Any additional comments
After you use the discussion forum, please answer the BRIEF survey questions in the link below.