Written by: Linda Smentek, EIS Education Team Member, October 2015
Topic: Astronomy, Language Arts
Title of Lesson: Astronomy Alphabet
Grade (Age): Gr 3-5 (Age: 8-10)
- Before beginning this project, you might want to send home a letter to the parents of your students. Below are two sample letters to parents.
Use the forum linked just above to tell what you think is the meaning of the word "astronomy".
Your forum entry should follow this format:
(1) click "Add a new discussion topic"
(2) In the Subject box, type your first name and last
initial. Put a space and then tell your age.
(i.e. Hank W. Age 9))
(3) Begin explaining the word "astronomy" in the empty box.
(4) When you have completed your answer, click the
"Post to forum" button.
Go back to the forum to read how some other people describe astronomy.